Istanbul Cooking Classes: Turkish / Ottoman Cuisine
✪ Best Culinary Classes for Turkish Ottoman Cuisines 🥘
✪ Located in the heart of Sultanahmet close to Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia.
You might learn some basic cooking techniques depending on your previous experience, as well as a few neat little tricks. Most of all, you will learn how to prepare a fantastic five-course Turkish meal to reproduce back at home for family and friends.
Afterwards, we’ll sit down together to sample these foods with some local wines and pleasant conversation in our restaurant, while other diners start to trickle in.
Often we prepare extra portions in our cooking classes to be served in our restaurant later. This way you get enough practice while our restaurant patrons can be sure their food is cooked fresh that day.
- Classes are conducted in English, unless requested otherwise. For private groups, we can speak Italian or Turkish.
- We are happy to adapt to food restrictions if you are vegetarian, gluten lactose intolerant or have any other allergies, just let us know at the time of reservation and we will accommodate to the extent possible. – please add note at reservation page.
- For those interested in more than one class, we have plenty of different menus in our cooking repertoire.
- Private classes are available as well. Price depends on number of people and availability.
Restaurant recommendations and culinary walk suggestions are available upon request.
Monday through Saturday (closed on Sundays)
- Lunch:10:30 to 14:30
- Dinner:16:30 to 20:30
After a brief explanation of the dishes and their origins, we cook for 2 to 3 hours and then enjoy lunch or dinner with some local wine.
We work as a group but you will be involved in each vital step of the preparation process, in the end you should be able to recreate the same dishes at home.
For those interested in more than one class we have PLENTY OF MENUS IN OUR COOKING REPERTOIRE. We may offer a discount.
To confirm a class, we need a minimum of 2. If you are travelling alone, tell us the dates you are available and as soon as we find another person we reconfirm with you. Our maximum class size is 10.
Private Classes: For group of minimum 8 we can keep your class private, provided the date and time are available. If you are less than 8 we can still keep it private if you pay for 8. For private group class cancellations, up to 1 week prior to the class is refundable.
Corporate Team Building: Culinary team building programs are some of the most popular and effective employee bonding experiences. Cooking and dining together is one of the most joyful and inclusive activities you can do. We are ideal for:
- Building team morale
- Annual meetings
- Moving into new space
We generally pick the menu a few days prior to the class, depending on the size of the group and special requests. Our meze menu we only do in AM classes because it doesn't have a main dish. If you have certain preferences, let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
- Ezogelin çorbası – Red lentil and bulgur soup with dried mint and chili
- İmam bayıldı – Eggplant cooked in olive oil with onion, garlic and tomato
- Kabak mücveri – Zucchini pancakes with white cheese and herbs
- Etli yaprak sarması – Vine leaves stuffed with meat, served with yogurt
- Şekerpare – Syrupy semolina cakes with hazelnuts
- Yayla çorbası – Hot yogurt soup with dried mint, cumin and lemon
- Zeytinyağlı taze fasulye – Runner beans cooked in olive oil with onion
- Ispanaklı saç böreği – Anatolian flatbread filled with spinach
- Karnıyarık – Eggplant stuffed with meat and bell peppers, with bulgur pilaf
- İncir tatlısı – Walnut-stuffed dried figs cooked in clove syrup
Menu 3 – Meze only
- Zeytinyağlı dolma – Vine leaves stuffed with rice, herbs and spices
- Patlıcan salatası – Smoky eggplant salad with garlic
- Mercimek köftesi – Spicy red lentil balls with cumin and parsley
- Çerkez tavuğu – Circassian chicken salad with walnuts
- Pastırmalı sıcak humus – Oven-baked humus with cured beef
- Künefe – Shredded pastry stuffed with cheese and soaked in syrup
- Kuru bamya çorbası – Dried okra soup with tomato
- Acılı ezme – Spicy onion and bell pepper salad
- Fava – Armenien broad bean puree with dill
- Hünkar beğendi – Lamb sauté on smoky eggplant puree
- Fırında sütlaç – Caramelized milky rice pudding or (when in season)
- Ayva tatlısı – Quince stuffed with apple, cooked in syrup
- Cook 5 dishes
- Complimentary wine or beer
- Vegan and vegetarian applicable
- English Class (For private groups, Italian or Turkish also available)
- Fun and Tasty Food 😃
- Personal Expenditures
This activity does not contain accommodation.
We are located in Sultanahmet, Istanbul. A pick-up service can be organised from/to Sultanahmet/Beyoğlu area at 50€ for 2-6 people.